At Basta Pasta, we offer a wide variety of red, white, and sparkling wine to go along with your Italian entrees. With so many wines to choose from, pairing a glass of wine with dinner can be difficult. There are some simple tips to keep in mind when pairing your wine with your dinner entrée.
Dinner and Wine
- Chardonnay- This wine will pair well with fish that have a strong flavor, such as salmon. Also, strong flavored fish with a rich sauce will also pair well with Chardonnay.
- Champagne- If you will be consuming an entrée that is high in salt, choose champagne. The subtle sweetness of the champagne will work with the saltiness of the entrée and not against it.
- Riesling- In the mood for something spicy? Balance it out with a glass of Riesling. The sweetness of the Riesling will complement the spice of your entrée without overwhelming your palate.
- Sauvignon Blanc- Will your entrée includes a sauce or dressing that has some tang to it? Pair the entree with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc to rest your taste buds from the tangy toppings.
- Pinot Noir- If you decide on an entrée that includes earthy flavors, reach for the Pinot Noir.
- Pinot Grigio- This wine pairs well with lighter fish, such as tilapia. The two light flavors of the entrée and wine pair well together.
Basta Pasta is your go to restaurant for excellent wine and Italian entrée pairings. Still unsure of which wine to choose? Ask one of our knowledgeable servers about our menu to make a delicious decision. Our extensive wine list and dinner menu is sure to delight even the pickiest of eaters.
Whether it’s date night for two, a family meal, or a group of friends getting together after work, Basta Pasta is the place to go. Afraid our dining room will be too crowded? Not to worry, Basta Pasta offers online reservations!
Need to get in touch with one of our locations? Here is some basic contact information for both:
- Timonium Location- 60 W Timonium Road
- Fallston Location- 2745 Fallston Road