When many of us go out to eat for dinner, we are normally faced with a wine menu before we enjoy our meal. Wine is a great way to start a meal, and can pair nicely with your protein choices depending on the type of wine you are drinking. However, while many of us enjoy a glass of wine with our meals, we tend to have plenty of questions surrounding wine. When we have these wine questions, we are never sure how to get the answers. Here are some commonly asked wine questions.
- What’s the difference between corks and screw caps? A cork has been the traditional top of a wine bottle while screw caps are becoming more mainstream. This is imply because screw caps allow bottles to be made the same and are easier to remove than corks.
- How long will wine last once opened? Once opened, a bottle of wine will last about two days. However, if you keep the wine in the fridge, or use a vacuum seal top, your wine will be able to last longer once opened.
- How should my wine be stored? When storing wine, keep the bottle in an area that is dark and cooler. You should place the bottle on its side and then simply leave it be.
- What does vintage mean in wine? When referring to a “vintage” wine, you are referring to the year in which the grapes for the wine were harvested.
- Why am I getting a headache after red wine? Red wines tend to contain higher levels of histamines. This is because of the color of the red wine and the level of sulfites in red wine. If you are experiencing a headache after consuming red wine, you are more than likely experiencing a negative reaction to histamines.
- Is drinking wine healthy? Like most things in life, wine can have benefits when consumed in moderation. Studies have shown red wine benefits ranging from decreased signs of aging to a healthier heart. However, drinking too much wine can have a negative affect on your life rather than positive.
Want to learn more about our wine selection? Need to get in touch with one of our locations? Here is some basic contact information for both:
- Timonium Location- 60 W Timonium Road