When it comes to Italian cuisines, there are some ingredients that are constantly thought of no matter what the dish is. Without these popular and staple ingredients, Italian cuisine would not be what we enjoy today. Here are some popular ingredients that Basta Pasta continuously incorporates to create delicious Italian cuisine dishes.
- Tomatoes- One of the most well-known ingredients within Italian cuisine, tomatoes are incorporated through salads, pasta sauces, and even included in recipes. Sun dried tomatoes can typically be found as an accent in many chicken and pasta dishes.
- Grains- Whole grains are most commonly found in the breads and pastas used in Italian cuisine.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil has many uses throughout Italian cuisine. Olive oil can be used as a dressing for salads, to enhance the flavor of sauces, and to sauté meats and vegetables for an entrée.
- Red Wine- Red wine has two main purposes in Italian cuisine. Red wine is usually used while creating sauces, or consumed while eating a meal.
- Garlic- A very well-known flavor enhancer, garlic is commonly minced and crushed to be included in sauces and soups. Garlic is also commonly sautéed in olive oil before other vegetables or meats are added to a pot or pan.
- Seafood- Many Italian dishes incorporate some type of seafood as the main source of protein for the meal. Different types of fish are commonly used along with shrimp and some shellfish.
- Leafy Greens- Different leafy greens are used in Italian cuisine. These greens are commonly found in salads and within recipes of main entrees.
At Basta Pasta, we pride ourselves on using popular ingredients to create delicious and authentic Italian cuisine in our extensive menu. Ask one of our knowledgeable servers about our menu to make a delicious decision. Our extensive wine list and dinner menu is sure to delight even the pickiest of eaters. Afraid our dining room will be too crowded? Not to worry, Basta Pasta offers online reservations!
Want to learn more about our wine selection? Need to get in touch with one of our locations? Here is some basic contact information for both:
- Timonium Location- 60 W Timonium Road